Apple Releases GarageBand For iPhone And iPod Touch
Apple has released the popular GarageBand app for iPhone and iPod touch. Previously the app was only available for iPad but now iPhone and iPod touch owners can also download it from the App Store.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play pianos, organs, guitars, drums, and basses. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy a full range of Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use the built-in microphone or a guitar to record, or capture any performance. Then mix up to eight tracks to create a song you can share.
Apart from being available for iPhone and iPod touch, Version 1.1 of GarageBand has the following new features:
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard • Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
Powered by Facebook Comments