Amazon sued the administrators of more than 11,000 Facebook groups responsible for facilitating the purchase and sale of fake reviews on Amazon’s marketplace in seven different countries. The group operators are accused of recruiting people to write fake or misleading product reviews in exchange for money or free items. Fake reviews have been taking place for years and can lead to consumers buying low quality products. But the issue grew much worse during the pandemic, when demand for e-commerce exploded and unscrupulous merchants found new opportunities to use fake reviews to juice their business. The trend has prompted UK regulators to open an investigation into whether Amazon and Google have harmed consumers by failing to sufficiently protect them from fake reviews. On Tuesday, Amazon said its lawsuit will allow it to “identify bad actors and remove fake reviews commissioned by these fraudsters”. Tuesday’s lawsuit targets activity that allegedly led to fake reviews appearing on Amazon’s platform in France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. The fake reviews covered a range of products for sale on Amazon. The complaint asks a court in Washington state for a cease-and-desist order against the alleged fake-review brokers, as well as damages and attorneys’ fees to be awarded to Amazon. Amazon said Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has removed more than 5,000 fake-review groups from the social network since 2020 as a result of Amazon’s reports to the social media giant. One Facebook group Meta removed earlier this year was called “Amazon Product Review” and had more than 43,000 members, Amazon said, adding that fake-review campaigns operate across many mainstream social media platforms. “Groups that solicit or encourage fake reviews violate our policies and are removed,” Dani Lever, a spokesperson for Meta, said in a statement provided to CNN Business. “We are working with Amazon on this matter and will continue to partner across the industry to address spam and fake reviews.”
Home » Featured » 11,000 Facebook groups administrator that allegedly brokered fake online reviews were sued by Amazon
- Unboxing the Tesla Electro Phone! August 27, 2022
- Top 5 Best Budget Gaming Laptop To Buy In 2022 August 24, 2022
- CANON Eos T7 Vs NIKON D7500 DSLR COMPARISON | Shehzad Tech Reviews August 24, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra – Yes, They Are FINALLY Doing It August 21, 2022
- Nikon D3500 Review August 21, 2022
- The MrBeast MEGA-STUDIO Tour! July 28, 2022
- Can I Boost Instagram Reels ? YES Now You can July 21, 2022
- 11,000 Facebook groups administrator that allegedly brokered fake online reviews were sued by Amazon July 20, 2022
- Nothing Phone (1) Review – ACTUALLY Better than iPhone? July 15, 2022
- Xiaomi 12S Ultra Review – This is Game-Changing. July 4, 2022
- Unboxing the Tesla Electro Phone!
- Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra – Yes, They Are FINALLY Doing It
- Can I Boost Instagram Reels ? YES Now You can
- Crystal Stewart NY Portrait Photographer
- Bloody TL80 Terminator Laser Gaming Mouse
- Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 Episode 3 DanTDM Playing
- Nothing Phone (1) Review – ACTUALLY Better than iPhone?
- What is the Best Video Editing Laptop Available in 2021
- Xiaomi 12S Ultra Review – This is Game-Changing.
- ENHANCE Gaming Mouse Bungee & Active 2.0 USB Hub for Cord Management